Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ICT Lead Teacher Workshop

It was great to go to Botany Downs Primary School today and see what they are doing with ICT.  Walking through the classrooms has given me some good ideas to use in my own class and inspired me to integrate ICT more throughout my class programme.  I was impressed that there is an expecation that every teacher in the school have a blog.  I think this is a great way to get teachers feeling more confident about using ICT and see the value in doing this for students and their families. 

Some sites I will try are:

Communication for all
Jelly pages
Picture Trail
literactive
www.city.lego.com
Comic life 2
Artrage
Smile box
Tagxedo
Kerpoof.com

I am also keen to set up a Digital Learning Centre for my class to refer to when they are doing maths/literacy/inquiry.  I saw a very good example of this at Botany today which is being used widley throughout the school.

Belinda shared her ipad with us and it would be an amazing tool to use in the class.  They have alot of apps that are not available on mac and I can see that they would add value to the childrens learning and motivation.

My goals until the next meeting are:
  •  To set up a Digital Learning Centre - Start with reading and move onto maths and literacy
  •  Use Communication for All within reading groups - start with Clownfish
  •   Use kidspiration as a brainstorming tool for reading groups.


No comments: